A nice colorful, fresh and crunchy Mexican Bean Salad is perfect for a healthy and filling lunch or dinner. Very easy to make…will take less that 20 minutes if you have boiled/baked beans and sweet corn available.
Ingredients (Serves 3)
Baked or Boiled Red Kidney Beans : About 250 gms or One Cup
Boiled Sweet Corn : Roughly 100-150 gms or 1/2 Cup
Red Onion : 1 diced into small pieces
Red and Yellow Peppers : 1 half each, diced into small pieces
Tomatoes : 1 large…deseeded and cut into small pieces
Jalapeno Peppers : 3-4 diced into small pieces
Left over cooked rice : 1 Cup
Coriander Leaves : A small bunch, cleaned and roughly torn
Optional: 3 Tbsp of Gauc and/or Sour Cream
For the dressing:
Lime juice : Of 1 Lime
Extra Virgin Olive Oil : 2 Tbsp
Sweet/Sherry/Apple Cider Vinegar : 2 Tbsp
Brown Sugar : 1 tsp
Salt n Pepper : To taste
Cumin : A pinch
Hot Sauce : few drops
Paprika Powder : 1 tsp
- Add all the Salad Ingredients except Rice, Gauc and/or Sour Cream into a Big Salad Bowl.
- Whisk together, all the ingredients for the dressing, until they are mixed well.
- Pour half of the dressing into the bowl and mix well.
- Add the rice as required. Add more dressing if needed and mix well. Adjust salt to taste.
- Serve in a smaller bowl. Top it up with a scoop of Gauc/Sour Cream as needed.
Additional Tips : Instead of Rice, you can also try it with roughly broken Nacho Chips or skip it all together. For more variety, you can also add some chopped Chorizo or Grilled Chicken to it.